We all have our favorite big dog breeds. But how well can you identify a mixed breed? Nala, mystery mutt and PawPosse.com mascot, has officially been DNA tested and identified as a mix of 4 different breeds. Can you guess what they are? One person who can guess Nala’s exact mix will win $50 in Big Dog Bucks to use at PawPosse.com! Our love for our big dog means new stuff for your big dog. How cool is that.
Here are your clues. (The contest has now ended and you can see the mystery solved here. But it's more fun to play along, so check out the clues below and see how close you get.)
• She is currently 2 ½ years old and weighs 70 pounds (but has been told to lose 10 pounds).
• She plays with her paws – a lot.
• She doesn’t flinch at pain.
• She is incredible with children - total guard dog, keeping an eye on them constantly, playing more gently with younger kids and running faster with older ones. If a baby cries she is at its side in 0 seconds flat. (Because Nala never left the baby in the first place. Why would she do a silly thing like that?)
• Nala is a great alarm dog – she watches and listens for any threats, growling and barking but not really going any further than that.
• She butt-bumps – pushing other dogs (and sometimes, humans) with her rear.
• She’s goofy. Just a silly, playful, bouncy dog.
• In training, she responds great to both food rewards and praise. Nala is very eager to please.
• Ears flop sideways, not forwards, but sometimes stand up.
• Lots of extra skin.
• Short, stubby legs not proportional to her long body.
• Square face and an underbite.
• Strong tail.
• All fawn except for a white tip to her tail.
Here are some photos to help you out.
3 months old, Nala vs. the 5-gallon bucket:
Any guesses? If you need more photos of Nala, they can be found on the About Us page.
The winner must correctly identify all 4 breeds in Nala. In case of a tie, the winner will be chosen at random from those who correctly identified the 4 breeds. Fair enough, right? [Contest Over] In your email, include the 4 breeds you think she is, plus your first and last name, city and state. Only one entry per person, so make sure that your submission is exactly what you want to guess.
The contest runs from Monday, November 15th through Tuesday, November 30th. We’ll announce the winner and the 4 breeds that make up our mascot on National Mutt Day. (That's December 2nd - a wonderful celebration of our mixed-up mutts.)
Please read the official rules below, then start guessing!
The official rules:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
• Entry Method: Submit email to info [at] pawposse [dot] com with subject line “Breed Contest.” Include first and last name, city and state of residence and the 4 breeds you are guessing. One entry per person. Should multiple entries be received from one person, only the first entry will be considered.
• Contest Duration: Contest begins Monday, November 15, 2010, 12:01 am and runs through Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 11:59 pm Arizona time. Official timekeeping device shall be sponsor’s computer.
• Eligibility: Open to residents of the United States aged 18 or over at time of entry. Employees of Paw Posse LLC, and Canine Heritage/MetaMorphix Inc. (provider of breed analysis) and immediate family members of employees are not eligible for entry. Void where prohibited.
• Upon entry, entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions of Paw Posse LLC, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this contest.
• Winner selection and odds of winning: The contest will have one winner. Winner must correctly identify the 4 breeds that make up the dog named. If more than one entrant correctly identifies the 4 breeds, the winner shall be chosen at random from those who correctly identified the 4 breeds. If no entrant correctly identifies all 4 breeds, winner shall be chosen at random from the entrants that correctly identified 3 of the 4 breeds. Odds of winning depends on the number of entrants that correctly identify the breeds.
• Prizes and value: One prize will be awarded to the winner. Prize will be Big Dog Bucks usable at PawPosse.com worth $50.
• Winner’s list: Winner will be notified by email or phone on or around December 1, 2010. Winner will be announced on PawPosse.com on or around December 2, 2010.
• Expenses not specifically included in prize description and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Each prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, outside of PawPosse.com’s existing return policy.
• Paw Posse LLC is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Paw Posse LLC on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof.
• By participating in this contest, entrants agree to release Paw Posse LLC, its respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this contest and/or acceptance or use of the prize.
• Contest sponsor: Paw Posse LLC, 7904 E. Chaparral Rd. #A110-220, Scottsdale, Arizona, 85250.
If you liked this, you may also like:
Why don't more people adopt rescue dogs?
Big dogs are better: 10 reasons why
Good dog names - a top 20 list